5 tips to decorate your (home) office
Some important tips on how you can make the office a pleasing and a productive work environment.
1. Use Color – If you are planning to paint your office walls, try and use colors which reflect the mood of your business. For example, if your business is a traditional one like banking, you would want to use subtle and neutral colors like off-white, light blue and such. On the other hand if you run a creative business such as an advertising company, why not go for more visually appealing colors such as oranges or darker shades of green and blue? DO use a good quality of paint that is sure to last for years. You DONT want to have an off day or two to redo the stuff!
2. Beautify the Walls – An empty wall is simply dull and nothing else, period. Why not warm up the mood of your office by using some artistic and tasteful framed images that subconsciously give an impression of professionalism? Just a single creative idea can go a long way to help your employees feel more at ease in their work space. It works well for them and for you – they get a pep to work better in a way, and your walls are beautified as well.
3. Make it a Green Area – You could use a few indoor plants and this gives such a feeling of liveliness to your interiors. Especially with highly modern and artificial work environments, a few plants around the scene can make any human being feel more ‘at home’ and less disconnected from nature. That can never have a negative effect on work can it? And then again, it beautifies your office at the same time.
4. Furnish with the Utmost Care – Furniture is a huge part of beautifying the office. The larger the space is, the more expensive would it be to furnish it. The majority of ranges of office furniture available off the markets is usually very uninspiring and down right dull. Why not have custom made furniture to give your office very personal touch?
5. The Theme – If you have a theme to work with, it makes all the four points above easier to work with. Your office furniture may be beautifully designed, but what good would it be if it is out of sync with the color of the walls and the images you have on your walls? Try and think of an overall theme before you spend any money trying out experiments with beautifying the office!